is he too young to travel?

at the end of june we are going to wisconsin to visit family. it's a 2 hour plane ride from where we live. my son will be 5 months when we take the trip. do you think he is too young to ride on a plane?!
has your baby even been on a plane?
how did they do?!
how long was the plane ride?

smb87

Asked by smb87 at 12:06 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He will be fine.  Just remember to feed him during take off and landing to keep his ears popping or else it will be very painful.  If you bottle feed the air hostess can warm the bottle up for you, but I suggest you call the airline first to confirm that.  It has been years since I have flown with a baby and times have changed.  You may also be able to book a crib with your airline that attaches to the bulk head in the front row of seats.  If this is still available you will need to book your seats in advance.

I travelled from England to Canada every year when my girls were babies and toddlers, that is a 7 hour flight. 

The good news is that you will be amongst the first people to board and disembark the plane.

Have a good time!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:21 PM on May. 28, 2009

• my son flew on a plane at 2 months old he was fine lol
    haydns_mommy

Answer by haydns_mommy at 12:24 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Emi flew for the first time at 10 weeks. Give him a paci or feed him on take off and landing. Landing is worse. He may sleep the entire time.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:43 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I just took my 5 month old son on a plane this past weekend. It was a 2 hour 40 min flight. He slept during both take offs. During the first landing he did just fine. It was almost like he knew what to do. He yawned and openend his mouth etc... During the landing coming home he got a little fussy so I fed him. I bf so it was real easy to do and he was fine afterwards. Good luck
    Anonymous