What do you want?.......................

From Yale Daily News

May 26th, 2009
1:19 pm

Sotomayor nomination throws spotlight on firefighters case

In February 2008, in what is widely considered her most high-profile case, Sotomayor joined the unsigned opinion of a three-judge panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in upholding a lower court’s decision to reject a lawsuit that had been filed by one Hispanic and 19 white firefighters against the city. The firefighters had said they were denied promotion based on their race, as the city had thrown out their 2003 promotion exam because no black firefighter received a score on the exam high enough to likely earn him a promotion.

If a firefighter comes to my house, I would appreciate it if he/she passed the test, not given a pass!

Just goes back to whether or not quotas are right or not.

Even judges are checking their common sense at the door, agree?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 12:15 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes..............................
    Anonymous

• what's the question? there really isn't one, is there? you're just looking for someone to agree with you. cm needs to start an "opinions only" forum!
    Anonymous

• This Anon agrees with you Grace...........................
    Anonymous

• I saw this on another post, thanks Grace for posting this again for those who might not have had the chance to read that thread.

Anonymous

• This doesn't surprise me in the least the way things are done you never know if someone is given a job because of their actual experience or because the fit some kind of quota.

Are you really expecting Obama to do something you can be happy about? I'm not waiting and holding my breath for that day, I'll die for sure!
    Anonymous

• the fact that you can pass an exam doesn't make you good out on the field. why not give promotions based on performance. instead of exams. if there is a fire at my residence i would prefer a fireman that is good out on the field over someone who is a good test taker.
    Anonymous

• My brother could probably pass the exam with flying colors but he'd be the last person I'd want coming to my rescue in an emergency.....I'd rather have my dog drag me outta a fire then him.

Anonymous

• Anonymous

• If a firefighter comes to my house, I would appreciate it if he/she passed the test, not given a pass!

I agree

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:50 PM on May. 28, 2009

• OMG, the Urkel is Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!!!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:51 PM on May. 28, 2009