Do i have to be on my period to remove my IUD ?

I know i was on my period to insert it . And i want to ask my Gyno to remove it today . I have been having issues with it and hes doing an ultrasound but i just want it out of me . So for those that have had it removed do you have to be on your period to remove it ?

TwinMommy2BE86

Asked by TwinMommy2BE86 at 12:16 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Health

• I wasn't on my period when either of mine were placed and when I had the first one removed I wasn't on my period either.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:18 PM on May. 28, 2009

• hmmm.. interesting. My doctor always had me schedule apps. in between periods. I've had both types of IUD's put in during the middle of my cycle.
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 12:23 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Same here, I had the Paraguard put in in between periods as well. I had to have it taken out because of some major complications. But my GYN wanted to take it out at the end of my cycle. I had the Mirena put in when I wasn't having my period. I still have it in, so I am not sure when they take the Mirena out.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 12:44 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I didn't have my period when mine was removed. I didn't feel a thing...
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 12:47 PM on May. 28, 2009