Anyone go through early menopause ?

I am 39 years old. I have always had regular periods. On April 9th I had my period. Usually I have it for 5 days. Well it wouldnt stop. At the end of APril I went to the Dr. She thought it was just my "timing" was screwed up . She did a pelvic exam but couldnt do a PAP because of the bleeding. She put me on birth control pills to help straighted out my "clock" I have been on them for a month as she directed and I am still bleeding. That and they have totally screwed up my hormones ( i am an emotional wreck since I started them) My mom started going though menopause at 40. The Dr kinda blew it off that I could be starting menopause. She is going to schedule an unltrasound next week to see if anything else is going on but I was wondering if anyone has gone through early menopause and if any of this sounds familiar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Health

• It doesn't sound like you are going thru menopause. When I was 36, right after the birth of my last baby I started the horrendous nite sweats and I began missing periods months at a time. By 43 I was down to just a couple of periods a year and now at 49 have not had one in a couple of years. My gyn was also skeptical, but a hormone test proved clearly I was done. :) yeaaa meee!! The only residual thing is the hot flashes that come and go, and I think it has alot to do with when I'm dehydrated. A cold glass of water completely takes care of them. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:34 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Well unlike the previous poster. I think you very well could be. If your mother went into menopause early it is most likely you will as well. Also night sweats arent a MUSt in going though memopause. When I went through it i rarely had night sweats. Maybe once or twice so dont base it on that. I would still get the ultrasound just to rule out cancer or anything
    Anonymous

• Just found out today, I am 38 and I am in menopause.
    jmccance

Answer by jmccance at 12:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009