WOW no more welfare???

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/05/schwarzenegger-make-massive-cuts-to-welfare-health-care-student-aid-.html/

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is proposing to completely eliminate the state’s welfare program for families, medical insurance for low-income children and Cal Grants cash assistance to college and university students.

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 12:36 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Funny how everyone seems to think that California is the only state with illegal aliens, and how quick everyone is to blame them. How dare they come here looking for a better life? Isn't this supposed to be the land of opportunity? Everyone's roots stem from immigrants, except people who are 100% Native American....

I think every state has an illegal problem. I am from Texas where it is a BIG problem. I now live in Oregon and it is a problem here.

People don't begrudge a better life for those coming here. We do however, have a problem with them doing it ILLEGALLY. They use valuable resources that we simply cannot afford to give away. Most all of us are the descendents of immigrants, immigrants that came here LEGALLY! That is the difference.

Oh, good luck with that sticking your head in the sand and hoping it works out thing...........

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't see this really happening but since he's desperate to loosen up some cash in his state I guess he has to try with something.
    Anonymous

• I think it is something that all 50 (or is it 57 now) states should be looking into
    Anonymous

• one down...49 to go! lol
    Anonymous

• Disgusting.

He's a better option than Gray Davis how? Removing sources allowing children to receive food and medical care is disgusting. Why not just revamp the state welfare program instead?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:43 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If it happens I think it will only create bigger problems.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely disgusting.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 12:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• He should start by shipping the illegals out. That would solve half their financial problems right there.
    Anonymous

• I bet that won't happen. But there hould be some funds cut anywhere that allows people to stay home,not work and claim disability when they have enough strength to play golf or spend nights clubbing. I know an in-law who has been saying she is so disabled she can't work and we tell her there are people in wheel chaIrs who have a job. There are so many people cheating and using the system who are too lazy to work. I object to cutting health programs and college grants because people need to be healthy and get a good education.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:46 PM on May. 28, 2009

• The state of California is a mess.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:52 PM on May. 28, 2009