Have you ever had days...

that you feel absolutley terrible with being a mother & how difficult it is? I'm so happy to be a mother of three beautiful children. They are the greatest part of my life. Today though parenting has been challenging. I'm so tired & feel awful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I definitely have days like that, and I only have one kid! My marriage has been going through a terribly rough patch, though, and I think that is contributing to the majority of my feelings of inadequacy. All I can say is, "This too shall pass."...and I mean that...it will!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I get you. I have days where I just wonder how most of the responsibility has gotten dumped on women... what happened to the whole 50/50 thing? He helped make them! But, I do love my two wonderful children so much, I just remind myself how lucky I am to have them.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 12:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm feeling you hun sometimes i get so frustrated i wanna pack my stuff and run ...... but on the other hand they ARE my life and i love them with all my heart. this will pass. sounds like you need a break some time for you. but i know how your feeling I'm a mother of four ages 13,11,8,5. i have to remind myself to just breath!!!!!!!

hugs

heatherscrazy4

Answer by heatherscrazy4 at 1:19 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have 5 of my own and on SD. I have days where I go for a gallon of milk, sit in my car, contemplate the horizon and the idea of driving and never looking back. I think we have all been there, it's normal. This too shall pass Mamma!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Thank you all for such reassuring words!

Anonymous

• Yes, I think all of us have days like that. When my older 2 were little I would have a bad day and I would call my Grandma in tears, telling her what the little 'hellions' did-- she would laugh and say "Honey, this too shall pass. One day you will look back on this and laugh". Grandma has been gone for many years, and now when I have 'bad days' I swear I hear her whispering that in my ear.
    I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:06 PM on May. 28, 2009