My son is nearly a year old and I want to start trying....

my son is nearly a yr old and I want to start trying to have another baby. do you think that is too close together? How many kids did you have by the time you were 22?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had two by the time I was 22 and they were 11 months apart. Age is a numbers game, if you are stable and can provide for another baby they do what feels right for you. But give it a little thought first, just to make sure!

By the way I am not 36 and working on my 8th child. Anything is possible!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:26 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would say wait and experience your first child and then give yourself time to think if you want another first
    Myni

Answer by Myni at 12:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I am 22 and my daughter will be one in June. All though I absolutely want to have another kid someday, I think it would be a mistake to do it right now, for me. I want to be able to devote my time and energy to my daughter and it already takes enough as it is...I can't imagine having another small baby to take care of as well.
    Anonymous

• I had zero by the time I was 22. My first was born when I was 37. I had three in 33 months...I don't recommend doing that on purpose.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I had none at 22, my first was born when I was 27 and she is now 17 months. I would love to have another baby one day but I could not do it now...she takes up way too much of my time and would be a reck trying to juggle two of them. For me, its better I wait till she is older.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:57 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Well, I didn't have any kids when I was 22....I didn't have a child until I was 32...but if it were me, I would wait. I have a 2 year old, and we are waiting a couple more months before we start trying to have another. Personally, I think that a minimum 3 year age difference is ideal. Your child is just entering toddlerhood, which can be extremely difficult--not exactly an ideal time to be pregnant in my opinion. And I couldn't imagine having a young toddler and a newborn at the same time. If you wait until your child is at least 3 when the baby is born, then he will be better able to handle the introduction of a new sibling, and he will be in preschool for a portion of the day, leaving you more time alone with your newborn. You're young, so there's no rush.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 1:02 PM on May. 28, 2009