Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some help fats and I don't know where to go.

I feel like I am having a nervous break-down.I feel alone and scare and nervous.I've been feeling like killing myself .I need help fats because I want to get better.But I don't know where to go.Also I'm scared that they will take my kids.Somebody help me please!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Health

Answers (5)
  • They will NOT take your children. BUT you should consider letting the kids spend a day or two with relatives and/or friends; just to give you a moments peace. Call your local MHMR. If you need help NOW, please dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255). They are a great bunch of people and can help you through the next few moments.

    I'll be praying for you.

    Answer by PaceMyself at 12:50 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • i would say start going to your place of worship more and also look into seeing a pschologist. your kids wont be token away from you if you show that your striving to seek help and that they are token care of.what is it that you are stressed about. i find it good sometimes to spill my beans to co-workers and friends because 99 percent of the time someone is able to direct me in where to go or what to so based on experience

    Answer by Myni at 12:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • The sooner you get help the less likely it is that they'll feel any need to intervene. And if authorities do get involved, they don't WANT to have to take your kid, they'll do what they can to help you get better. It's scary, but not getting help now could have much worse consequences.

    Answer by Sarah_Dorian at 12:56 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • I have a great way to help you I've been there. Contact me if you need my help.

    Answer by GarlicMom at 1:18 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • I have been through the Exact same thing CPS would rather you ask for help first than it get out of hand if you have someone that can help you with your kids for a few days you should check out your local Hospital for the stress centers. Really work the program. I went in a couple of times and it never really worked till i really got into it. I know being in the hospital sucks, but sometimes we need the rest. As far as cps or them taking your kids that only happens when you try to kill you self i went thru it I lost my kids for 18 months because i tried to kill myself but i didn't go for help if they see your trying to get help they will help to instead of taking your babies.Hopethis helps good luck. Feel free to send a message if you would like to talk

    Answer by jonsgurrl at 3:19 AM on May. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.