Grandmothers taking over custody of infants?

My aunt and her "husband" took over custody of his daughter's child due to her drug use. However the husband is an alcoholic and my aunt is so massively overweight that she barely moves from the couch or chair. She always has her children or grandchildren doing stuff for her and pretty much taking care of the baby. I don't think they should have been given custody even if they are more suitable than they child's real parents? what do you all think?

vdewes

Asked by vdewes at 12:53 PM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• you really cant complain unless your going to step up to the plate and prove to be better
    Myni

Answer by Myni at 12:55 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I think that going from an abusive and neglectful home into another neglectful home is horrible. You should voice your concerns to DHS. There are plenty of people out there who could provide happy and loving homes for them. GL.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:58 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i agree as much as i hate to see children taken away from their families its better for them to be in a loving home where they are taken care of...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:39 PM on May. 28, 2009