growth spurts

My daughters almost 6 weeks old and i think she may be going through a growth spurt,she'll take naps but only for like 20 mins and at night she doesnt want to stay asleep.is their anything i can do to help her sleep better?

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 1:02 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to try everything to get my son to sleep more at night. Maybe she's hot, or cold. Try diff kinds of pj's. Do you give a warm bath before bed? I tried that too. What about a lullaby on the radio? I tried that too. Try wrapping her really snug in a blanket. It seems weird but keep her arms in snug too, against her body. They say it makes them feel secure. I tried adding cereal to his bottle. My mom told me that. But my pediatrician said to stop because they are too young for it. It didn't work anyway. I tried sleep with him. But that just meant I couldn't sleep cuz I kept thinkin' I squish him! Is her room too warm? They say a cooler room is best. Hope some of this helps. Good luck.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:39 PM on May. 28, 2009