whats the best sport or activity to teach a 5 year old boy dicipline and respect

I'm looking for a summer activity or program for my son that will teach him discipline , respect and responsibilty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on May. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Karate- my teen brother does it and he had adhd- so it helps with al that and self esteme.
    Anonymous

• martial arts - Just don't go through the city and do it with the community center. (I did this with my son to introduce him and the teacher SUCKED.) Sign him up for Karate or Taekwondo at a real dojo or dojang.
    Anonymous

• I agree....martial arts teaches respect and discipline, as well as only to use their skills for protection.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 2:11 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I played soccer at that age. But i think the above posters have better ideas lol. It all depends on how long he can keep his attenchion on one thing.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My 5 year old stated karate about 8 months ago, and loves it! I can't wait for my little one to turn 4 so I can start him in it also.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 3:09 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Martial Arts for sure....
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:21 PM on May. 28, 2009