Sleep (or not!)

Daughter is 4 and has no good sleep habits! I am looking for something herbal (that also taste good for her) that can help her fall asleep, stay asleep and be in a good mood in the AMs. HELP! ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well first off i wouldnt give her anything to make her sleep thats not a wise choice.....she could get depended on it not only but its not good to give your kids sleeping aids...its all about you ....when she gets up what do u do ? i have a 4 yearold and i had this same issue but i relized with a lil firmness and sticking to my guns she learned night itme is night time.......
    Anonymous

• Melatonin. I'm pretty sure thats how its spelled. its the same chemical your brain releases to let your brain know you're tired. Keep the room dark and quiet, that will trigger the natural melatonin. If that doesn't work, buy some and follow the instructions on the bottle. Ask your dr. first! My sons dr. had me crushing them up and putting them in a syrupy goop from the pharmacy. thats how they make liquid stuff neway, they just add it to a syrup.

hope this helps!!
    blu_ied_gurl

Answer by blu_ied_gurl at 3:01 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I more than highly recommend the No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers by Elisabeth Pantley. She will give you ALL the tools to teach your child to sleep. In a survey (discussed in the book), many children your child's age, when asked how to fall asleep, say they didn't know how! She gives you so many great, encouraging ideas, and tells you how to help your child relax (like by closing her eyes and taking deep relaxing breaths, maybe even thinking about her day, or something she likes, etc.).

This book will be your best friend, I highly recommend it. THey also have an original baby version, so be sure you get the toddler version. You can get it on Amazon for around $10 with shipping.

Good luck!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 4:05 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I really hope you're not the same person that posted this earlier today, except it was for a 4 month old baby. The post is about word for word. Perhaps you typed month instead of year. But do not give a 4 month old baby any kind of herbal for sleep.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:23 PM on May. 28, 2009

• No, I am not the person who posted this about a 4 month old...I think there is a big differance between a 4 month old and a 4 year old. My DD, being 4 years old, should be better at sleeping than she is. In my opionion, a 4 month old is still trying to adjust to life :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on May. 29, 2009