Paper or plastic?

Do you get paper or plastic bags when you grocery shop? I get the paper bags and then I use them to hold my recyclables and I recycle the bags along with it so it makes things more convenient for me. All my friends use plastic because they are easier to handle. What do you use?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:15 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Reusable cloth bags, they are the BEST. I'm doing my part for the environment AND using a much better option, these bags hold 3x what a plastic bag holds, nice long handles too, I can throw them over my should and carry tons. Its a win win =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:17 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I like the reusable bags. But sometimes I forget and will take paper first. My rabbit will play with them.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:21 PM on May. 28, 2009

• paper but most the time my hubby gets plastic and then he hears me the whole way home about how long it takes to dissolve
    emilysmama05

Answer by emilysmama05 at 1:22 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I use reusable bags I bought at Kohl's for $1.99. They are huge and fold up into a nice little square. I'd like to start using them when I shop somewhere other than for groceries, but I end up forgetting. I do use the plastic bags for my bathroom and computer room garbage cans, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:23 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Plastic, easier to hold. For some things, I'll have them double up the paper inside the plastic.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 1:24 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I usually carry my reusable bags. But we reuse the plastic bags for the cat box and for bathroom trash can liners. When we run low, I'll leave my reusables at home and get plastic bags. I love to make bookcovers out of the paper bags, though. I get them once or twice a year to cover my kids' school books with.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 1:26 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i use the reusable cloth bags..better for the environment, obviously!! and theyre stronger, i try to do my part to help save the planet!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:26 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Plastic bags. I re-use them over and over, so in my opinion I AM recycling. :-) The grocery stores here don't even offer paper bags anymore, or I would get those instead. :-(
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Plastic that I re-use. We fill 2 carts with bagged groceries. I cannot afford 40 cloth bags.
    Anonymous

• Plastic. i use the bags after we go shopping for cleaning out the litterbox and my birdcage. I also use them for trash can liners. We use them alot.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:36 PM on May. 28, 2009