What is an inexpensive way to get your child into modeling and acting. how do you know about casting calls in the NJ NY area

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on May. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know anything about your area, but some ideas might be to start with print ads or local fashion shows for department stores. Try talking to smaller retailers about letting your child be in their next advertisement. Some local stores like, pools store, car repair shops, car dealerships & etc. also make local t.v. commercials that you could try to start with, even if for free at first. It will help him build a free portfolio and resume' plus find out if he even likes doing it. Several children clothing stores and magazines let you mail in photos to be chooses for their next calolog
    ( Parents mag, LLBean Kids, Pottery Barn Kids furniture, Childrens Place) I hope something I said helps get you a starting point.
    After you have a resume, you could try getting an appointment with a local modeling agency to see if they will sign you, to help you find jobs.
    Cont.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 10:49 AM on May. 29, 2009

• CONT
    I also think the local actors union would have postings of casting calls.
    GL
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 10:50 AM on May. 29, 2009