How can I get my 3 month old to eat more?

I have a 3 month old bottle fed baby who won't be consistant with his eating quanties. He was getting better and eating about 4oz every 4 hours then just a couple days ago it went to struggleing to get about 3 in him every 3 hours. Help My first son was so great about food this is a real stresser for me.

Mommy2Griffin

Asked by Mommy2Griffin at 1:29 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mommy, stop stressing!:) All kids are diff. and he knows when he's full. They go thru so many diff phases! You get used to one thing and then they change! As long as he's still growing and is healthy, count those as blessings. He will be fine.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:34 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If you've got him eating more frequently, he's probably just not hungry yet when you feed him. Pay attention to his hunger cues instead of the clock and as long as he's not having weight issues, don't stress it. He'll eat when he's hungry :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 2:05 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Thats just it. I started to feedhim more frequently because of his signs. He was still eating about 4oz then and now he has reduced. He is under weight and a smaller kid then my first guy, and I worry about that. When I try to switch him back to the 4hr schedule he still barely eats 3oz I am confused by this and when he is on the 4hr schedule he sleeps less. Help????
    Mommy2Griffin

Answer by Mommy2Griffin at 3:15 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My 3 mos. old doesn't eat that much during the day either. I ebf but she gets pumped bottles at daycare. She barely eats around 4-6 oz. during the day while I"m at work. She nurses a lot when we're home but she goes to be pretty early, so...
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:09 PM on May. 28, 2009