do you drive your kids to school?

If you are a SAHM, do you drive your kids to and from school? Or do they take a school bus? I drive my kids, because I am home all day and I can't see putting them on a bus if I don't have to. I just feel safer, knowing I dropped them off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've always driven my kids to school. If you have a car I don't see the point of forcing to take the bus. They have to get up that much earlier. I pity the ones who get picked up first. Get off your butt and drive them. The ones that really make me crazy though are the ones that actually drive them to the bus stop! Are you kidding me? Drive them all the way to the school!
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 4:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have to drive my son to school. He attends an overflow school, and the school where the bus would pick him up, and does drop him off, is across a major road and about a mile away. He's only 7. I drive him to the overflow site in the mornings because the timing on the morning bus is always off, and pick him up from the bus at the school it drops him off at.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i drive my daughter to preschool...but next year for kindergarten we will be walking..im so excited to walk her to and from school!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I drive my daughter to preschool and my 10 year old son to his elementary school because they both go to the same school and it's on base. My 12 year old who goes to middle school off bases catches the bus at the bus stop half a mile from our house (I drive him there) and takes the bus to and from school. Then he walks the half mile home.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:49 PM on May. 28, 2009

• The bus stops in front of my house and the school is a mile down the road. I would walk him if there were sidewalks and it wasn't a main thoroughfare, but since I can't he takes the bus. No point putting the wear and tear on my car or adding to the traffic problem at the school (plenty of parents have been involved in fender-benders but none of the buses have so the buses seem the safer way to go here).

Jazzdoll

Answer by Jazzdoll at 1:53 PM on May. 28, 2009

• When its time for my son to go to school, he will ride the bus.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:57 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I am not a SAHM, never have been, but I drive my son to school and my husband picks him up from school. I make my own schedule at work, the joy of being the store manager.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:01 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My husband used to be a school bus mechanic. When my kids start school, I'll be driving them. They'll be lucky if Daddy lets them ride a bus on field trips...
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:06 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I live in a smaller city. We do have a buses they are city only, not school. So I drive my kids to school. My oldest is ASD and goes to middle school- which is about a mile away. My other child's school is 2 blocks away- he does get a ride (cause I have to take the older one to school) but this one walks home where the older one I pick up.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:15 PM on May. 28, 2009

• sort of a SAHM..and yes I drove my kids to school whether I was working or not that day...but blessed be DD is now a driver!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:16 PM on May. 28, 2009