Mongolian marks?

My sister's baby had what looked like bruises on her hips and legs when she was born. Someone, I think it was a dictor, recently told her that they are mongolian spots or marks. I guess they occur with spanish babies and some other ethnic groups, the baby is half mexican so it makes sence. So has anyone else seen or had a baby with this? Does it go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had what looked like a bruise in the middle of his back. It went away after a few months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:47 PM on May. 28, 2009

• they're mongoian blue spots, they go away eventually, probably after a few months, I'm actually half mongolian, and everyone in my family had them and we don't now (my son didn't though and my grandparents were worried lol)
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 2:00 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Yes, my daughter does. She's Chinese, Mexican and white (weird mix, I know but both my DH and I are bi-racial). It's starting to go away and it's weird b/c she is really white.
    Anonymous