My mother is complaining about me gaining weight. im pregnant! How do I get her to shut up?!

She is telling me that Im fat and that I dont need to gain anymore weight! I weighed a healthy amount before pregnance and Im 16 weeks and I have only gained 3 pounds! She makes me diet food and the rest of her family regular food. And she wants me to start drinking Slim Fast! SHE KNOWS IM PREGNANT! I live with her! Im so frustrated, how do I tell her, in a nice way, to get off my butt about this weight thing?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:44 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Find out how much she weighed when she got pregnant before and how much she gained. Then giver her a hard time about that =) thats how i usually get people to shut their mouth. My DH thinks that im not gaining enough weight with my pregnancy so i told him thats because hes eating all the food in the house lol. He shut up real quick lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

• tell her what amount of weight your doctor wants you to gain, and that you have not gained too much you've gained what you are supposed to. when it comes to her making you diet foods, i'd tell my mom not to cook for me anymore and that if she doesn't want to allow me to eat what she makes for everyone else than i will cook for myself.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:47 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would tell simply say "gee Ma, my DOCTOR says....." and then tune her out. I would also tell her the Doctor said NO DIET FOODS - as THE BABY needs the calories. Tell her slim fast will harm the baby (or some diet ingredient in it will) - that might get her to back off.
    Anonymous