How often do your kids change pajamas during the week?

My BFF just told me that her daughter (age 4) puts on a clean pair of pjs every 2 days. I was like WTH?? She takes her bath at night, so when she's wearing them she is clean, and in the mornings she goes to school so they are worn for about 11 hours on a clean body.

Now I'm curious, is that the norm?

LadyEb

Asked by LadyEb at 1:48 PM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I put a clean pair on my son each and every night...so..I would have to say yes?
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 1:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My daughter is only 10.5 months and I will wear the same pjs on her for a few nights. It's not as though she gets very dirty, because I change her in the morning before breakfast. If you wash clothes after one single wear, they will really get worn out.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:57 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Every 2 nights max, they often wear their breakfast so that doesn't always happen, but I'd say at least 1/2 the time I can stretch the pjs to 2 nights. Shoot, I wear the same pjs a couple nights in a row...is it really that shocking, I don't understand...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:59 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My dd usually doesnt get a bath every night -- depending on if she needs one or not.. But she does get clean PJs & undies ever night.. sometimes she gets a change of PJs twice..she is 2.5
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:05 PM on May. 28, 2009

• We do clean PJ's every night
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:11 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My son picks out his own PJs - he likes to wear something different every night, but the clean ones go back in his PJ drawer for another wearing or two unless he had an accident or they are otherwise dirty.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 2:12 PM on May. 28, 2009

• well now that its getting warmer my boys dont even wear pjs to bed- just a pair of boxers and a t shirt- in the winter though they get a clean pair of long johns every night- only because they wore them through the day as well- i would bathe them then put the clean long johns on then in the morning they would get up and put their day clothes ontop of the long johns for extra warmth when we go out
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 2:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• clean ones evvvvvvery night ... even if it still looks and smells clean or he only had it on for like an hour , still goes in the basket , not in the drawer!
    Anonymous

• My SD would put a new pair on ever night if I let her which just kills me; who wants to do all that extra laundry! She's only here for 3 nights so one pair is fine! My son and I wear our Pj's about 4 nights in a row. We shower each night and have day clothes on to eat breakfast so they stay relatively clean. I have enough laundry to do with 4 people's every day stuff, why add in a whole 'nother load JUST for PJ's????
    Anonymous

• I put clean P.J.'s on my grandkids every 2 days, unless they get them dirty.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:28 PM on May. 28, 2009