IN-LAW trouble!! need adivse on how to "handle" it

ok-
last year, my husband &I got married &shortly after the wedding, He had to deploy.
with little money, and me recovering from a serious leg injury we decided it would be in "everyone's best interest" if I move from CA back to his home in NM &stay w/his family until he returned. (it would save un-necessary rent etc &he wouldnt have 2worry about me hoppin around on my leg).
so I did that for the 7months he was gone
I not once had a single problem w/his family. (i loved them - they loved me)
I baught my mother in law horses & all the necessary tack etc. for them (she wanted to get back into it) & she was like a close friend -we went to the gym every day together etc.
well-now my hubby is back & we got settled into our new home in CA, and are doing good I got pregnant (opps!! but ok) when we told his parents?
all his mom had to say was stupid stuff like "youll regret it, maybe it's early enough (cont..)

KalieGirl

Asked by KalieGirl at 1:51 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First, you did the right thing by letting your husband handle it. Now, you do nothing. I wouldn't want anything to do with them, either.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• (cont..) U’ll loose it, ur not ready, u’ll loose Ur horse, U’ll drag my son down w/u & he will never be able to follow his dreams”

(yea, it was great..) sooo, needless 2say I was upset at her & didn’t want 2talk to her.
    Well, my husband calls her & asks wtf.. &she went on to explain 2him that they ‘didn’t like me 2begin with &im just a spoil brat&I upset his dad so badly on multiple occasions that he had to call his wife 2calm down just by ‘how id talk to him’ &the reason they never talked 2me was because they didn’t want 2cause problems between my husband&I & stress him while he was deployed”

Soooo, yet through all of this?
    No1 has talked 2ME!!! (ever) this was all told to my husband.
    (on speaker phone-they never knew)… so what do I do?

I refuse 2talk any of them, in regret that I will either punch some1 in the face or regret saying something perio
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 1:52 PM on May. 28, 2009

• While my situation isn't exact I understand what you are going through. One of my MIL's is absolutely nuts & has on several occations harrased me by phone and by coming to my home unannouced. Then the other one did a back ground check on my family shortly after we were married & tried to get my DH to annuel the marriage! They both still act insane even though we've been married for nearly 4 years & already have one child together.

I personally think it's my DH's responsibility to talk to them & defend me. If they continue than I still feel it's his job but I do have to admit that it really upsets me when they call him to complain about me without even asking for my side first. Half the time my DH doesn't even know what the hell they are talking about.

Example-His mom got on my CM account & saw "thought bubble' I posted and called him to talk to him about it. WTH??? She doesn't even have a CM account!!!

Noisy much?
    Anonymous

• Hmmm, well, be glad yu stayed with them then and don't have to now. You are pg and don't need the stress. I hope your dh took up for you. I'd do nothing for now. Don't contact them. If they want to make up then let them call and apologize to you. It all sounds pretty weird to me.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:57 PM on May. 28, 2009