How can i start potty training my 2 year old girl?

Ali-25

Asked by Ali-25 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2 sounds like a good time, as long as she is ready. IF she shows interest, it can take a while. Buy her the potty and ask her if she wants to use the potty like mommy does, she may take to that. I also found this portable potty thing, it was really cool. You take it with you whenever they need to use the bathroom, it has a bag attached to it, and when they are done you remove the bag and throw it away.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 10:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If she is starting show you signs that she is ready - taking clothes and diapers off - pausing cause she feels something happening in her diaper - comes to you when she is dirty or wet - then what I did was introduced the potty to my daughter - for me a seperate one worked better for both my girls at first. You can start putting her in cloth like panties - the kind that catches when she wets in them, or you could go to the store and get her some panties of some tv character that she like -
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 10:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• make some kind of a reward chart and put it in the bathroom near her potty - start making a big deal out of it if she even sits on it - put a sticker on her chart and make a big deal out of it - eventually change the level of what she will get rewarded for - like peeing or pooping - give stickers and then after like 5 times total give a reward - like maybe a couple of m and ms or a if you don't like to use candy use coloring time or finger painting time, playing a game.. something of that nature, eventually she will catch on and start doing it on her own.. I have used this now for both my girls and it works beautifully, but be patient, it does take a while for some kids, my oldest it seemed like it took forever while the younger is training much faster.. good luck!
    BreakingFree

• I started my dtr on her 2nd birthday. while we got ready for the party. talked with her about her new big girl underwear, and how they cant get wet, etc. let her wear them over the pull up. she loved it... :)

i let her run around naked whenever we were at home. it makes you more aware of down there sensations. we did a time schedule for toileting, too. 'pee for the morning' when you first wake up, same time everyday ( even weekends argh) after cleaning up from lunch and dinner, and after bath. the naked part REALLY works!
    oohcynthia

Answer by oohcynthia at 10:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• put her in underwear and put her on the potty every 30 minutes.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 11:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2008