Questions about diaper bags...

I was thinking of buying a new diaper bag since mine is tearing. I was looking at Fleurville's, Reese Li, Vera Bradley, and the Skip Hop City Chic diaper bags. Do u have one? Love it or hate it? Why? If not, what diaper bag do u have? How long are they needed for? I have a 5 month old boy and I need a spacious diaper bag with many pockets.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 3 month old and I just use a large purse.
    I put diapers in a ziplock baggy, just so they don't get mangled.
    And anything else is just tossed in. I really only carry diapers, wipes, and a spare outfit.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:30 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My son is 11 weeks. For a quick trip somewhere, I just use a big purse too. But for longer trips I have a nice sized diaper bag called a "weekender". My mom bought it for me at JC Penneys, I love it! It fits everything I need and then some.
    megs424420

Answer by megs424420 at 2:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have a JEEP diaper bag. It holds all of the necessary baby stuff and the junk I need to keep my baby happy, including toys and his blankie. I got it at walmart.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 2:43 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I got a backpack. It's got all the pockets/room you need, and you don't have to worry about it falling off your shoulder while you bend down to take care of the baby. And it doesn't cost nearly as much as a "good" diaper bag. I used it every time we went out until he didn't need formula or baby food, then I just got a purse big enough for a couple of diapers and some wipes.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:59 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Backpack. They're cheap and have large pockets.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:19 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i use a big purse too. unless the family is going out someplace lik the park. for that i have a nice bag from target. it even looks lik a big purse. dont worry about spendin too much on a bag, all you need are bottle pockets, and enough space to fit diapers, wipes, blanket, and formula if u use it
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 4:00 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Honstly, I was very frustrated and dissapointed with tradition diaper bags for many reasons. I never understood the need for the excessive padding, since babies no longer drink out of glass bottles. I also never understood why each one had to either be classy chic or cutesy baby. Therefore, I stopped looking at those and rummaged through my huge stack of messenger bags and backpacks. Turns out I had a canvas messenger bag that I'd never even used before that I've been using for a good 3-4 months now. (I had tried one other messenger bag I had made previous to that) It has one pocket under the main flap, and then two compartments in the mid-section. I use a transparent zippered toiletry back and a zippered pouch that pillow cases come in to hold my formula, bottles, and diapers. Look at other bags aside from traditional diapers bags as well, and you might find one that works even better. All The Best!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:12 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have a Le Sportsac diaper bag I got last year for my birthday. It's very nice looking and can be used as a tote bag when we're past the diaper bag phase.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 10:48 PM on May. 28, 2009