Anyone experience this before?

For about a week now, my stomach/intestines have been making SO much noise. Hubby can hear it from across the room. It does it all times of the day...pretty constantly. It isn't from hunger...it feels like when you have a lot of gas bubbles and you feel things rumbling around, except I have no gas. It isn't painful, just embarassing, annoying and LOUD! I haven't had any drastic change in diet...just wondering if anyone experienced this before and how long it took for it to chill out. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Health

• Back in high school I had that, lol. It was so embarrassing and I remember laughing my butt off because it just sounded ridiculous.

At least your digestive tract is working! I have no idea what causes all the noise but maybe eating some yogurt daily will help? I know it helps digest foods.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Excessive acid. Could be what you eat/drink or could be stress.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I've also had the problem when I had an intestinal virus. If this is it, you can expect it to last about 2 weeks.

Answer by Bmat at 2:35 PM on May. 28, 2009

• The only time I have had this happen is when I have been on some antibiotics. I'm sure there are many reasons why this could be happening. Hang in there....hopefully it will end!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:03 PM on May. 28, 2009

• It is still air in the gut. I would be sure to drink lots of water to keep air from having to move around the bulk, and also to make the bulk move thru completely. I have had this to happen when I travel, mainly b/c of two reasons: one, less water intake while on the road. two, no time and convenient place to have a bm. LOL

Also try some high fiber food to make things move along faster so that you don't keep experiencing this, like melon, apple, celery, etc. And then drink a cup of warm tea to relax the colon. I promise this will work and it should go away asap. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Eat slower. Drink lots of water. Cut back on meat and dairy. Eat fruts, vegetables and whole grains.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on May. 28, 2009