Leaving my husband!!

So I'm seriously thinking of leaving my husband. The problem is i'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with our second child, have little money and no job (I'm a SAHM) So my question is what steps do I need to take to get myself together? I really have nowhere to go, and thinking maybe a womans shelter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• start looking for work apply for housing. Good Luck mama =)
    Anonymous

• Please if he is not beating you dont go to a shelter woman need the space who are getting beat call your local HUD and ask about  housing and after you have your baby go to school good luck

Anonymous

• Before you leave you need to start looking into some kind of schooling like certification or even an AA degree. You can't live off welfare forever and it's not pleasant to live in shelters with children. Look into all your options before you jump.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Take 1/2 the money in all accounts, visit an attorney for direction (according the state you were married in), head to public assistance to see what you qualify for help. Maybe go stay with family?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:35 PM on May. 28, 2009

• OP here;
    First I'd Never get one welfare. That was never an option.
    second we have a house so I'd let our child stay with him til I got my own place and got myself together.
    Anonymous

• wooh wooh OP if you leave your child he can get you for abandonment and you will have to pay him child support and if you dont want welfare you better suck it up and stay and go to school after you have your baby and than move out

Anonymous

• He's not smart enough to think of me abandoning the kids, so I don't have to worry about that
    Anonymous

• 1st step would be to find a job, save up $ and then start looking for a place to live. Then once you have all that in place contact a lawyer/legal aid and find out what your rights are and start the ball rolling for custody and child support. Good luck!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:41 PM on May. 28, 2009

• You say you will not take welfare yet you will go to a shelter that the government pays for ....let me ask why do you want to leave him

Anonymous

• Do NOT leave your kids with him. My aunt did this and she never got custody back.
    Anonymous