did u bank the babies cord blood?

if so- how much was/is it and which bank did/do u use?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 2:33 PM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• No I did not. However, I am a L&D nurse and the hospital that I work at has just started offering to collect cord blood FREE of charge. Basically you are donating the cord blood for anyone to use. I think you can also save it for yourself but not sure what the cost is. It is a real neat option, kind of like donating your blood to the red cross or something. Otherwise the blood is just thrown away, at least this way it is getting used.
    LandDnurseof3

Answer by LandDnurseof3 at 2:43 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I got pamphlets on banking his cord blood, but holy crap. I could not afford that to save my life. A certain amount (don't remember what) for 6 months or you pay a little higher for 12 months.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 2:50 PM on May. 28, 2009