How do you feel about a National Sales Tax of up to 25% for everything you buy?

Washington is considering implementing a new tax, this time a sales tax with a rate of up to 25%. This would be in addition to fed/state income taxes and state/local sales taxes.

This according to an article in Wednesday's Washington Post and carried by Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/28/national-sales-tax-chatter-draws-fierce-opposition/

I guess I'll be getting out some more tea bags............ Honestly, my family can't afford any more taxes.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 2:38 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'd feel like I was living in Canada.
    At the rate some states like New York are going, they'll probably be there soon anyway.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:41 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't think no one will "like" that idea
    Anonymous

• so much for the 95% of people who won't see their taxes raised huh? another slap in the face
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• On my bb, I can't open links ... If it was implementation of a Fair tax and doing away with the IRS, I would be ALL for it! :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

_____

isn't that twisting it a bit? sales tax isn't income tax.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:43 PM on May. 28, 2009

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:43 PM on May. 28, 2009

_____

TAX IS TAX. This would be the new administrations baby no matter how you try to spin it differently!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Honestly, I didn't trust Obama when he was running for President. I looked past that smile and act of concern for the American people and seen him for what he is, a wolf in sheeps clothing.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:48 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Does it matter if it's a sales tax or an income tax? It's still a tax and will drastically affect lower and lower middle income families the most. The very same ones that all the politicians like to claim so much care for.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:50 PM on May. 28, 2009