How do I stay strong when I am all alone?

I am a single mother. I can not get the father involved or even to pay child support. I have very little family and no friends sence I moved to Arkansas, witch was a very big mistake. I am so angry for no reason and I hate that fact that the little family I do have gives me the run around about why they are to busy to help me or to talk to me.

dkl_08

Asked by dkl_08 at 2:48 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Health

• do you go to church?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:49 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Church is a great way to find friends. Also if you feel angry all of the time I could help you herbally. Just email me with your question.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 3:02 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would join other single moms. There are community gatherings, groups. You don't have to just go to church to form unions with other people. If that were so, Cafe mom would be a church. Do you work? Do you have interests? Community classes are fun. Go find that which makes you happy, follow your interests and your heart... and there you will find union with others of the same principles.
    Shamanmom

Answer by Shamanmom at 3:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• big smile miniThe first thing you have to do is to accept you are single and enjoy it. i know is not easy but if you are happy from inside and have a positive attitude everything will come .You can see if in the neighborhood you live there is a mother day out program or a  play date program that way you can meet other moms that can help you feel better,church of course, maybe if you put an add on craigs list looking for mom friends .there are free government programs for single moms support groups check that.

gcg30230

Answer by gcg30230 at 3:32 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I know where you are coming from on that. My oldest son has a different dad than my other two. But he has known my husband as his dad cause he has been there from the day he was born. But I could not get no child support out of his real father or anything. His real father had nothing to do with him. Be careful of depression. In your situation it can take over cause you are having to deal with so much. I felt so overwhelmed that after a while everything that happened, I felt like I lost control of everything and just fell into this depression that really took over my life. But going to church can help and if you need to talk I am here. I finally went and got full custody of my son and it was really easy to do. If he has had no contact with your child for 3-6 months and does not pay child support for so long, you can revoke his parental rights. Just find you a good lawyer who will work with you on it. But if you need to talk
    jhuberzmp

Answer by jhuberzmp at 3:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Thank you so much for some of the anwers I have already recieved. Yes, I did attend a few different churches out here. They do not have any programs out here that will help me with my problems. I do not have a job, I have been looking but coming from Cali to a small town of population of 500. this town is factory city so everyone else is getting laid off, there is no work. coming from where I have come from and coming out here is much different. 90% of people around here are (kkk) judgemental, gossip freaks, and much more. I have talked about poeple but not thet way they are with others. I hope that if everything works out I should moved to little rock, ar and finish school and then try to move back west. I just need to believ in the advise you guys give and be open minded to what may come next. Belief and passion is what will get me through this rough patch.
    dkl_08

Answer by dkl_08 at 3:56 PM on May. 28, 2009