What to do when your 5 years old kid (boy) loves to play rude?

I mean, your kid is playing to hit or to kick, and this attitude is growing and getting out of control. I talked with him already, but he is not paying attention.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on May. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I agree. As parents we have to teach them right from wrong. Never feel guilty about disciplining your child....after all discipline (if done right) equals love. Kids need routine and structure.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:20 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Maybe its all the talking you are doing, kids rarely listen when a parent lectures them on why not to hit and kick....it goes in one ear and out the other....pointless.

If it were my son (he is 5 too) and he wouldnt listen and was acting rude, he would get his pants pulled down, put across my knee and spanked.....and guess what, he is a very well behaved child, he KNOWS that I mean what I say, not pointless empty words.

If you are a non-spanker (sigh) then he needs a serious consequence for his behavior. A time out and removal of a privalage....like no tv for 2 days or taking away his favorite toy for a few days, maybe he doesnt get to go to that cool party at school...whatever.

But you'd better get control of him now, he is already almost too big for you to handle physically.

Take control, you are the parents, quit wondering what to do, and do it!
    Anonymous

• Thank you for your advice, I'm really concern about this behavior. I think I'm going to do the consecuences, but if he do it again, I'm afraid, that I'm going to spank him. But I feel bad because the times that I'v done it, he looks at me like really like such an anger that I want to appologize with him. That's why I talked with him first. I know, I'm going to be seen like an incompetent but that is what is happening right now with my kid.

Ingrid
    Ingrid13

Answer by Ingrid13 at 3:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

• You only need to apologize to your kid if you FAIL to teach him how to behave in society.

You are the opposite of me, I feel bad if my child acts ugly.....as if I havent taught him better.

My son is smart, he knows what he can and cant do, I expect a lot outta him and he usually does wonderfully.

He has had his moments of fit throwing in the past, but when he does that it just makes me stand my ground even harder.

I wont be a push over mom, I am in control.

Of course he has anger and sadness when he is disciplined, thats the idea, it means you got your point across...The only one in his life who can show him how to get through life easily is YOU and any SO you might have ( you didnt say0

If you dont do it, then he is left to try and figure it out on his own. And that means lots of trouble when school starts. Which can also affect his learning and friendships. He may be labeled as the trouble child...
    Anonymous

• I feel like you are being more "mean" to him by not helping him learn to behave....it will effect him in the future..

You do your job right when you teach them how they are suppose to behave....it will make his school career a lot easier!

I am a teacher too! ;)
    Anonymous

• I am a preschool teacher and mom and I agree with a lot of what anon said. Dont feel bad about trying to discipline your own child. That is your job as mom. It is the most important thing you can do for him right now! Good Luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:28 PM on May. 28, 2009