My 2o month old is a CONSTANT whinner and crys all the time, help!

I have twins and the one boy is an extreme child. He only wants me, making it difficult for the family to get close to him (grandparents etc..). When making dinner it is the most stressful thing because he doesnt want daddy so he can not even help. I have tried ignoring him, distracting him, giving him a snack and it all may help momentarily but then something, anything triggers him to freak out!! Help, I am at my witts end. My older son was a whinner too but not this bad so it has me stumped.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 2:53 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried wearing him so he's in constant contact with you, but you can still do whatever you need to do? This may help alleviate his anxiety and still allow you to function with both children.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:34 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Your letting your child have the power in the relationship. He will get used to being with his father, if you stop going to his defense the second he cries. You trust this man enough to marry and populate with, trust that he is capable of dealing with a cranky child.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 3:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My suggestion is to let him just "whine it out" eventually you won't ALWAYS be able to be there...so he'll have to get used to it eventually. trust the dad to help! it might take some work but eventually it'll get better. Another way is to just start to occupy him...then casually leave the room leaving him with the dad...maybe eventually it'll work.
    Trese27

Answer by Trese27 at 4:09 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Mine was a little like that. She never really wanted to be with daddy. Then daddy said for me to just leave the room and he would deal with it. He did and after a few times.....shes a daddys girl now!!! Just let daddy do it! :)
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:12 PM on May. 28, 2009