I am 26..have two kids..and ive had one loss at 6 weeks pregnant..it has been 7 months since the loss..is it okay to try to start ttc again?

...i am over weight and need to loose about 75lbs...is my chance of having another loss greater since im bigger?

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 3:01 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i think it's okay to start trying again. we had two miscarriages and started trying within weeks of both. i'm sure weight has something to do with it, but if you take care of yourself i think you will be fine. Baby dust to ya and good luck!
    taralynn1112

Answer by taralynn1112 at 3:17 PM on May. 28, 2009

• some doctors advice you wait a certain lengh of time before you try to concieve again1 at least one ful cycle! however i lost a baby at 12 weeks! went into hospital the friday for a d and c and found out 4 days later i was pregnant! things are going ok im 30 weeks this monday i had loads of bleeding at the beginning and thought id lost him but he's still there going strong! i think it varys from person to person and how strong your body is put to save the scares id wait a full cycle but it sounds like your ready so give it a go

good luck!!
    mum2oneandabit

Answer by mum2oneandabit at 3:35 PM on May. 28, 2009

• After my miscarriage, the doctor said it would be ok TTC after 1 full cycle. We waited two cycles. My daughter was two in May.

I'd suggest talking with your doctor about the weight thing, though. That might be impeding your conception process.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 4:07 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I had a misscarriage at 8 weeks last year and was told to wait atleast two cycles. We waited three months and i got pregnant almost right away and now i'm almost due with my little man!!! Good luck to you i hope you dont have anymore misscarriages!
    jennifer1983

Answer by jennifer1983 at 9:43 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i think that if you feel that you are ready then go for it good luck!!
    Tosha1608

Answer by Tosha1608 at 10:49 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Doctors advise waiting 3 months. I had a miscarriage and was pregnant again in 2 months and all was fine. Good luck!
    ohmommamia

Answer by ohmommamia at 12:50 PM on May. 29, 2009