Is catnip dangerous to dogs?

It wasn't on purpose, but my dogs got ahold of my cats catnip mice! They are small breed dogs, pugs. The boys are almost 9 months old and the little girl is 4 months old...Do you think they're going to be okay? I have put a call into my vet, but am waiting on a return call since he's very busy today, and am just worried about them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! And please, no bashing, I didn't realize we still even HAD these mice things, they were in my daughters room, hidden!!

boosma

Asked by boosma at 3:05 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pets

• Its fine. your dogs tummy might get a little upset but other than that they will be just fine. My dogs have eaten a little bag full of it that my hubby bought for our cat and they were just fine. Just make sure they are still drinking water.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:44 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Check with your vet, but my small chihuahua played with one of those before, and he was fine.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Thanks guys! I did finally hear from my vet and he said as long as there's no vomiting or diarrhea, then they'll be fine. I've since found what I HOPE is the rest of them and put them in a sealed container. Vet also said that the effects of it will wear off for them, cuz lemme tell you...I think my dogs got high off that stuff! LMAO! Oh, and yes, they're still drinking plenty of water, and eating their food, and anything my kids might drop haha. :)
    boosma

Answer by boosma at 11:51 PM on May. 28, 2009