What is your baby feeding trick (spoon)?

My 9 month old daughter has been very "do it myself?" which is resulting in her not getting alot of food actually in her mouth.
She tries to play with the spoon or cup when before she would allow me to feed her.

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:08 PM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would give her a spoon to let her do it, but also keep right on feeding her with another spoon. Babies this age are not able to feed themself sufficiently as of yet at this age. I would also offer her a cup of water on the tray so that she can drink all the water she likes and then she'll open her mouth for the good food you offer between sips. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:43 PM on May. 28, 2009

• my son eats great on his own, meaning no utensils quite yet lol. he's 13 m/o. sometimes I put food on his spoon and rest it in the bowl and he'll actually grab it and feed himself with it, othertimes he throws it right on the floor. so I usually just let him finger feed himself!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:31 PM on May. 28, 2009

• She's supposed to be doing it herself. Food is not supposed to fill her up. She needs BM or formula for that.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:52 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Give her a spoon to play with while you feed her with the other.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:21 PM on May. 28, 2009