pregnant why am i not gaining weight anywhere else?

ok im pregnant and usually people gain weight everywhere.i went to see my doctor today and im like i gained 4 pounds since the last visit and he was like its all baby.why am i not gaining weight anywhere else.i wanna gain some weight i hate bein skinny bone jones.its so aggravating.any way i can start gaining weight in other places besides just my belly. oh yea and my belly isnt even that big for 26 weeks.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 3:09 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 4 lbs I doubt you can tell WHERE it was gained at.
    Anonymous

• Think about it this way. Your baby did NOT gain 4 lbs in a month. You did gain weight
    Anonymous

• I have only gained 4lbs during my pregnancy as well, but I was/am a little overweight to begin with....honestly, I assume that it wouldn't be healthy for you to gain too much weight during your pregnancy (aside from the baby weight). Since you are already skinny (as you mentioned), you would try to work out to gain muscle while you are pregnant, as that would be great for you and your baby....but in all honesty, I would just be greatful that you don't have to look forward to trying to LOSE a bunch of extra weight after you give birth lol.
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 3:15 PM on May. 28, 2009

• ***you *could* try to work out***
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 3:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Is this really your biggest problem? Haha I'm sorry I just don't know why you're worrying. Gaining too much weight is not good for you at all.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Oh don't worry, you wil once you get into 30+ weeks, trust me. Everything swells up including your face, feet, etc. plus most people don't gain much weight until that last trimester when you gain like a pound a week. You may even get bloated after you deliver the baby. That was me. Right after I had her, my face got super bloated but then went back down. I'm very thin and just got swollen towards the end.
    Anonymous

• 4 pounds total or 4 pounds only since your last visit? Your baby doesnt even weigh 4 pounds yet so it isnt even all baby if you are talking about total weight gain! 4 pounds in (I am assuming) 4 weeks is more than enough! I wouldnt worry about that AT ALL
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:05 PM on May. 28, 2009