Have you ever lost a lot of weight without surgery?

How did you do it and how long did it take you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Running! I lost 50lbs last summer running and sticking to a low calorie diet (around 1800 a day which for my frame etc was pretty low). I would go to this website to calculate your basal metabolic rate That is basically the amount of calories your body needs to breathe, sleep, survive. It doesn't include any activity. It's what your body would require to stay at your current weight if you did nothing all day. If you calculate that and eat that same amount of calories a day (or perhaps a little more, you don't want to eat less because that is what your body needs to breathe etc) then start walking about 45 minutes to and hour a day you will drop weight fairly quickly. But you should keep a food journal if only so you are aware of exactly what you are eating, it's too easy to forget a little snack you snuck otherwise. Hope that helps!
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 3:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• ok I was just thinking and I think I once read somewhere that to lose weight you can put in the weight you want to be in the calculator and then eat that amount of calories (plus a little extra if you are running etc.) I found a better calculator for you. here
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 3:46 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Thanks you are awesome! Congrats on your weight loss
    Anonymous

• I have I lost about 26 pounds in 3 months, doing the biggest looser diet and working out 4-5 times a week. I am preggo now so weight loss is out the door but I am so ready to get back at it!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:41 PM on May. 28, 2009