is it normal to have a pain from your back go down your leg?

im going to be 36 weeks on sat. and i was walking, and had to stop like 4+ times cuz of the pain, and at this point in 50% effaced and 1cm diolated as of tues... idk if its cuz im close to labor or not..

mommy201988

Asked by mommy201988 at 3:14 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• SCIATICA- the baby is sitting on a nerve, normal and should go away after you deliver
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• It's your sciatic nerve! Honestly I were you I would get to a chiropracter ASAP because mine go SO bad with my first pregnancy I could hardly walk.

It's a normal thing that happens to many women in pregnancy but it's definately NOT a fun thing. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• thanks
    mommy201988

Answer by mommy201988 at 3:22 PM on May. 28, 2009

• well you see what everyone else says...they are right it is sciatica. Is this your first pregnancy? For me my sciatica got worse with each pregnancy. Chiropractor can give you some help!
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 3:31 PM on May. 28, 2009

• yes this is my first...
    mommy201988

Answer by mommy201988 at 3:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would say its your sciatic nerve... just like every one else said lol... I started having problems with my sciatic nerve around 4 months with my first pregnancy. And am already starting to notice again at only 7 weeks this time around... But you are almost done baking at this point haha so you wont have to deal with it for very long. Be VERY glad for that!!! GL momma!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 5:01 PM on May. 28, 2009