Numbness in the thigh

Since I have started to show, about 2 months ago, I have had off and on numbness in my right thigh. I have an appointment next week, I will ask my doctor then, but I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this. My mom said that while she was pregnant for me, she had the same thing happen and she has had the numbness off and on since I was born (going on 22 years now lol). She assumed it was just a pinched nerve and never pursued it with a doctor. It doesn't bother me, it just feels like my thigh has been 'asleep.' Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences??

IzzysMommy87

Asked by IzzysMommy87 at 3:20 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same symptoms with both of my pregnancies and I still have them ocasionally (just like your mom). My doctor told me that it was a pinched nerve.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 3:30 PM on May. 28, 2009

• It could be a vericose vein too. I had one on my thigh and it would go numb if I was standing or walking a long time. It was really little, not like a typical vericose vein, you couldn't even really see it.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:32 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i just had my baby 3 weeks ago and when i was preg with him i had the same thing mine would happen when i wud lay on one side for too long i wouldn't worry about it its normal. the baby is probly on a nerve
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 3:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• That started for me with my first pregnancy at about 3 1/2 or 4 months along. It was my sciatic nerve. After about a month or two of it just being dumb, it starting randomly shooting pain. That lasted the rest of my pregnancy off and on. Almost every night at the end. I heard a chiropractor could help but I couldn't afford to go. If it starts to be painful for you hopefully you will be able to go to the chiropractor. I am only 7 weeks along with this pregnancy and am already feeling the pain again. This time I skipped right over the numb stage haha... GL!!! I hope it doesn't get bad for you like it was (and is) for me!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 5:04 PM on May. 28, 2009