Feeding My Baby!?!

I recently looked up how my 2 month old son should be sleeping. I says to get him on a good schedule, which i have had gottin into about 3 weeks ago. He will go to bed at 9:00pm and wake up at 12,4, and then again at 8, that is when we get up and watch tv for alittle while then he goes down for a nap.

I was having a hard time getting him to lay down and sleep on that schedule so instead of him waking up every two hours i started giveing him organic brown rice cereal in his bottle at night, he seems to be doing just fine wih every thing and he seems to be a happy baby still.

Do you think i started him on it to early????

gennymae

Asked by gennymae at 3:41 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• schedules are for the parents, not the babies.
    babies have no concept of time or anything. just trust your instincts and follow your baby's cues, toss the other 'advice' out the window.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do. I wouldn't do it
    Anonymous

• If you're okay with starting cereal early (recommended is 4-6 months) and with putting it in his bottle instead of feeding it with a spoon (also recommended except in some medical instances) then okay.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. But that's for me and my sons. They also did better when I followed their cues instead of trying to force my desired schedule on them. (tried it with my oldest. never again)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:19 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't do that. What book are you reading?
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 4:55 PM on May. 28, 2009