• In the Spotlight:

Was I wrong to end this friendship?

I had this friend who I knew close to five years but was close with for about four years, She was pregnant once through our friendship and I was totally there for her like I would shave her legs when she couldn't see them anymore I gave her pedicures her whole pregnancy cause I knew she couldn't (and I HATE feet). Well 2 years later I get pregnant and I am super happy b/c it took us a long time to have a baby and when she finds out she gets super pissed. I knew she wanted another baby when I got pregnant but she already has 3 children and we had been trying for a year when we did get pregnant. So she becomes distant and everytime i tried to call her she would ignore it and only call me when it was convenient for her to talk about her problems then minute I start talking about me (after listening to her problems for an hour) she says she has to go I heard from her maybe 3 times my whole pregnancy.
Cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was due x-mas eve and she called me a few days before that but I was at my husbands work party so I left the phone off and when I got the messages she said " Merry F*ing x-mas I know your baby is due soon, I hope your life is great" thats it so i didn't call her back at all I tried my whole pregnancy to keep the friendship going and got ignored and then when I was almost due i get that so I decided not to call her back b/c I just felt to hormonal and hurt.
    Anonymous

• Let her go. I have had friends like this, and although it hurts, you don't deserve to be treated this way. And honestly, do you really want a friend that cares so little for your own feelings and happiness. It's hard to cut close friends off, but you have to look after yourself and your family. Maybe one day she will come around, but if not, you are better off.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 3:49 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Good ridance to her. Find better friends.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:53 PM on May. 28, 2009

• WOW i would of gone postal on her! being pregnant and not having the friends you need by your side would of really gotten me upset...but i would def. end the friendship! it isn't worth it! The next time she calls i would just say "sorry, if you can't be happy for me and help ME out then you aren't worth MY time!"
    Trese27

Answer by Trese27 at 4:02 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My friends I've had since high school haven't really spoken to me at all since I announced my pregnancy, this is my 3rd child and my 2nd pregnancy with my DF. NONE of them have asked how I've been or anything. Most of them are all on FaceBook too. Like you, I've learned that I have to just let them go because if they don't care enough about me when I'm supposed to be having a HAPPY time in my life, it's not worth it. I've supported every life decision they've ever made, and they're being bad friends to me? BYE BYE!!! You'll be fine without her, trust me. It was very nice for you to do the things you did for her, but if she's going to be messed up to you, there are better people that will treat you like a true friend would.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Its best to have some positive people in your life

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:21 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I agree with virginiamomma, positive people are the best friends you'll ever have in your life. I "ditched" quite a few of my "friends" only to feel relieved and more at peace with myself because I did let them go. There are friends who use you for their own personal gain, friends who NEED you, and friends who are there for a purpose and when that purpose is fulfilled(i believe anyway) they leave your life(whether through a good or bad situation).

Look at it this way, your kind heart and glowing spirit helped her in her time of need, who clearly needs alot of love given to her as she doesn't know how to give it back. Perhaps over time she will learn to be more compassionate and less self-centered because of your actions and those of others she meets in the future.

I can understand your frustration but don't let it eat away at you. You vented, now try (as hard as it can be) to let it go. :)

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I had to "break up" with a very close friend. To put it simply, I outgrew her. It pained me and I hurt like I'd broken up with a guy! It's normal to question yourself, but you did the right thing. Someone so negative has nothing to offer you in the friendship department. She was so busy taking your friendship, she must have forgotten how to return it. I'm sorry for the headache during such a beautiful time in your life, look at it this way...before giving birth, you've lost 100+ lbs. in a day!!! :)
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 7:42 PM on May. 28, 2009