It Hurts

Ok, i'm 19 weeks along, and my insides feel all compacted, and it's gotten really hard to go #2. I costantly feel like I have to go, but when I try, hardly anything comes out. I feel like I'm going to explode:( Has anyone else gone thru this and can anyone give me some advice? Thanks ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should ask your doctor what to do !
    jeniffer0124

Answer by jeniffer0124 at 3:50 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't have an appointment for 4 weeks, so i figured I could ask for some advice from other moms, that IS what this site is for, right?
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem and I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow. Last week when I was in the clinic they told me I can take a stool softerner. I got the wal-mart brand. All the iron in the prenatal vitamins can be very binding. I know I'm eating a lot of dairy and that just adds to the problem. My midwife said eat more fruit and try prune juice. I'm not willing to drink prune juice, the idea makes me sick but more fruit doesn't sound too bad. I was told another cause is my baby is taking up all the room inside me and compressing my bowels so it makes going to the bathroom hard.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:17 PM on May. 28, 2009

• This is very common. I didn't really notice it until I was around 20 weeks also. Sometimes I go several days with out going #2. Just make sure you aren't pushing too hard or you can get hemroids. It will come, if you go more than 3 days without one, then I would call the doctor's office and see if they recommend you take something. I would not take anything without asking first. If all else fails, try eating some greasy food.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:39 PM on May. 28, 2009