Would you have said something?

My DH and I took my kids to the pond/trail today and when we got there, we saw two kids (maybe 5 and 7??) chasing the geese ~ and poking at the babies with long sticks. I didn't see any adult near them and so I shouted "Hey, you guys, you stop chasing those animals, that's mean!"

They did stop and I finally saw that they were with their grandfather who was on the other side of the pond. Anyway, he never said anything to me, but I am still wondering what other people would have done.

misselphaba

Asked by misselphaba at 3:45 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ew i am a true animal lover so i probly would have said something.nicely though.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 3:48 PM on May. 28, 2009

• oo you best believe i would have said something! i hate it when i have my kids some where and there are other kids acting out of place! i am one of the first one to say something and that cuz if it were my kids doing so i would want some 1 to tell them to stop or tell me......
    emilysmama05

Answer by emilysmama05 at 3:49 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'd have said something.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i would of done the same. as matter of fact we have neighbor kids who play in the culverts here and i yell at them to get out of their cause it is so dangerous. those kids were not only hurting the geese but the parent geese could of attacked the kids.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:57 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would have walked up to them and said something like "can you please stop being mean to the animals, it's not a good example for the smaller kids." I know I've done it before. Other times I very sly about it and tell my children (when I am close to the ones misbehaving) say "ya we don't poke the ducks cause that hurts them." I'm sneaky lol
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 4:01 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Oops typo, Im very sly
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 4:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• We were driving past a park the other day and i saw some teenage boy literally grabbing a goose and trying to rip her feathers out and break her wings and laughing at it with his friends. I called the cops on him. I would definitely say something. Some kids just dont realize that they are actually harming an animal, they just think its funny... they need to be told that its wrong.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 4:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I always say something if their parents aren't around. If the parents ARE around I pull a mommy-perks and tell my kids loudly what I want the other kids and parent to hear.  LOL.

BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 4:34 PM on May. 28, 2009

• It depends on how mean they were being. If it looked like they were truly harming the animal I'd say something but if they we're just messing with it, i'd leave it alone.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:35 PM on May. 28, 2009