HOW CAN I FOUND GOOD GRANTS FOR SINGLE MOTHERS OR GRANTS PERIOD TO LIKE BUY A HOUSE ?

HI I KNOW MOST OF YOU DON'T KNOW ME ON HERE BECAUSE I HAVE JUST JOINED ANYWAY I'M A SINGLE MOTHER FROM PHILLY I DO WORK BUT I LIVE IN A NOT SO GOOD AREA, THE JOB I WORK AT IS FINE BUT LITTLE PAY WITH DEAD ENDS BUT I REALLY WANT TO MOVE OR BUY A HOUSE BUT NEED SUPPORT WITH GOVERNMENT GRANTS BUT CANT FIND NONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rita2009

Asked by rita2009 at 3:49 PM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Good luck. Maybe you haven't heard but the country is basically broke. If you do NOT have savings, a low paying job, and a poor credit score, you will NOT be able to buy a HOUSE...maybe a foreclosure, but you will need to prequalify in some way shape or form.

Gone are the days of being able to buy a house with no credit, poor credit, no money down, and interest only loans. You missed that boat by about 5 years.
    Anonymous

• It's called work, save money and maintain a good credit score. This is what's wrong with our country....people always trying to get something for nothing. In case you didn't know, this country is in a recession...families are ending up on the streets right now and people like you just have your hand out trying to get free money.

Please.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first poster. My husband and I are in the process of buying and it's very hard to get qualified. We personally have had no problem because we both have excellent credit (750+), a 20% down-payment and very good income....however, many of my friends who don't have those three things are getting denied right and left. It's a tough time to buy if you don't have a sizable down-payment and good income.

You might be better off continuing to rent until the economy turns around...although, it will never be as easy as it once was...big banks have learned their lesson!
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 4:37 PM on May. 28, 2009

• contact a local Realtor, and have them set you up with a broker. have them pull your credit, and do WHATEVER they say to fix/repair if it's needed. hang in there. it can take up to 2 years to repair credit. I know that there is an 8K tax credit that's offered right now.

when you chose your Realtor, don't pick the biggest add in the yellowpages. pick the one with the tiny add, that has investment experience. find one that's hungry for money, and doesn't drive a new car. those are the ones that will do WHATEVER it takes to make a deal happen.

I work in real estate here in FL and I know that in the city I'm in there is a 10K grant they give to single moms toward purchase. there's gotta be something out there. good luck!
    yamdankypita

Answer by yamdankypita at 7:22 PM on May. 28, 2009