how much movement should i feel at 24 weeks?

im overweight and 24 weeks along and wondering how much movement i should feel and how often any info would be nice

gizmom529

Asked by gizmom529 at 3:50 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should be able to feel some by this point. However, I know a woman who never once felt her child the entire pregnancy, I'm not sure why. I would ask your doctor/midwife if you are worried about it.
    Anonymous

• I'm 22 weeks and feel her move all the time. My husband can not feel anything on the outside, but I can usually feel her moving in the morning and in the evening. It started out really mild, like butterflies flying around in my stomach, then more distinct. You will know once you feel it, it is really hard to explain. I think most people feel them around 17-24 weeks. You could just let your doctor know.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Well, I am a few weeks shy of where you are, I am almost 21 weeks, and still feeling no real set movement. I haven't really made it out of the flutter stage either. Usually when I feel him the most of when my pants are too tight, lol. I think being overweight (and possibly where your placenta is) plays a big role in how much you feel. If you still aren't feeling much I wouldn't worry at all, seems like to me (I was a size 22) the fat gives it a good buffer and makes the movement seem like less. Sometimes I go hours and hours without feeling a single thing at all. Hope this puts you at ease a little!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:02 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Each person and each child is different For instance if you have the placenta in the front you might not really feel much at all, the heavier you are the less likely you'll feel much.

I'm a bit heavy myself, with my first and third pregnancies, I felt (feel) Tons of movement. They are unstoppable. With my second, I rarely felt her at all. You might just have a mellow little fellow in there. :) (I am 26 weeks myself)
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 6:59 PM on May. 28, 2009