can i hide veggies in meat?

im trying to figure out ways to give my son his veggies. but the thing is he's a very picky eater.. he won't eat any form of noodles, eggs, veggies, potatoes, or anything like that. he'll eat basically any kind of meat though. so i was thinking, is there any way to hide the veggies in the meat? or are there any other ways to hide them? i was thinking of making a fruit shake and sneaking some veggies in there too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can hide them in anything he will eat. Or you can just offer the veggies and don't back down and give your child anything else for that meal. They will eat when hungry.

Meatloaf is a great way to put some veggies in the meal or stuffed bell peppers.

The longer you cook the veggies though, they will loose some of the nutrients.

Also, do you eat your veggies??? If you eat them, chances are your child will too. You have to set a good example for them to follow.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:53 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Maybe your child just doesn't like the veggies that you are offering...or the way you are offering them. I would just keep trying different veggies and different ways they are prepaired! I think there are even books on the subject that you might want to check out...You are not the only one that has a child eating lots of meat and hardly anything else! --mine is the opposite though, we are vegetarians...so he gets tofu and soy!
    Trese27

Answer by Trese27 at 4:06 PM on May. 28, 2009

• check out the Sneaky Chef cook books..... here's one from them called Purple Puree you can use this in brownies my son didn't even know it was there.lol

Purple Puree:
    *3 cups raw baby spinach leaves (or 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, or frozen chopped collard greens)
    *1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (no syrup or sugar added)
    *1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
    *1 to 2 tablespoons water

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 4:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

• my daughter is on the opposite side and won't eat meat... i hide meat in her veggies: ie broccoli and cheese with ham or chicken in it. Then she eats it and it adds more flavor. She loves it! :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:17 PM on May. 28, 2009

• you can hide just about any cooked veggies in hamburger! Make patties, meat loaf, sloppy joes...you name it!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:05 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Keep offering the veggies, it takes time but it does work. Yes, put it in meat! Hide it anyehere u can and give him his vitamins
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:15 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have the opposite problem. My son is a total veggie lover and won't eat meat, so I've been wondering hnow to sneak meat into veggies! He has been eating chicken lately though, so maybe he'll start experimenting with other meats?
    tflo76

Answer by tflo76 at 7:21 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Hide them in meatloaf, meatballs, make a fruity puree with some veggies in there. I make pancakes for my DD with a puree of fruit in it so you could most likely add in a bit of carrot or something to a puree of that sort where he wont notice. Or try V8 splash juices we love them here and they give you a serving of fruits and veggies!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:55 PM on May. 28, 2009

• How old? You might be able to try giving raw vegetables. My DD dont eat very many veggies either but by giving it to her raw ie (gree trees, Carrots) she will now eat them cooked. because she got them in a different way first. Now I cant even keep green trees on my plate lol she steals them!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 12:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• green trees? lol you're talking about broccoli right?
    Anonymous