Is it to early to buy a breast pump?

I am 5 months pregnant and i am planning on breast feeding well my husband went ahead and bought me a eletric pump. I was just wondering is it to early to buy one. I have had 3 healthy children so i am not too worried but one friend said the baby might not take my breast. Even so dont most babies take the breast milk? Sorry i know alot of questions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the odds of your baby not taking the breast are extremely slim, but it won't hurt to have a pump for whenever situations come up
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:00 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Nah, it's better to have one early than wait. I waited till after I had my DD and I was trapped at home as the only person who could feed her for weeks until I got one.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:23 PM on May. 28, 2009