What can i do?

My feet and my hands have doubbled in size in the last hour. It hurts to walk and move my hands. I just took off my wedding ring because i finger went numb. What can i do so it will stop hurting? I can feel my skin on my hands and feet stretching. Please help! I have been having BH for a while today. Would that have anything to do with the swelling?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 4:01 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had this same problem. this is what i did and it really really helped. Lay down on the floor and put your feet (up to the knee) on the sofa and hold you arms up towards to ceiling.also put some very cold wash cloths or ice packs on them. putting the swollen parts above you heart helps to bring down swelling. If the swelling does not go noticeably down in a max of 2 hours then you need to call you doc asap you could have high blood pressure!!!! good luck i hope it get better i know how painful it is!
    Alorasmommy

Answer by Alorasmommy at 9:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• how far along are you? do you have high blood pressure?

it always helped me to soak my feet and legs in epsom salt/water.... and keep them elevated... it your swelling that fast though call the dr.. and apply cold compresses
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If its as bad as it sounds I would call my doctor.

Make sure you are getting plenty of water.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:46 PM on May. 28, 2009