Does anyone on here own Horses? if so, do u/have u ridden while Preg?

basically- that's my question

does anyone own horses on here?
if so? whats your deciplin? & do you ride frequently? (lookin for friends!)

and if you yes???

have you ridden while pregnant & what are your thoughts about that!?!

KalieGirl

Asked by KalieGirl at 4:03 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pets

• I have 5 kids and I rode my horses until I was so big that I couldn't ride in a saddle comfortably.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:04 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I own a Tennessee Walking Horse mare, and I ride both Saddle Seat(English) and Western, I also barrel race.
    I used to ride twice a week before I got pregnant, and my trainer and doctor told me I couldn't ride until after the baby came.
    Its absolutly NOT safe to ride while pregnant, but you can still go and brush them or lead them around.

LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 6:59 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i havd heard that whatever you did before you were prego you can do while prego. I'm not a dr but i def wouldnt ride close to term
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:21 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I used to have a few. But i dont have any anymore i wish i did. I miss riding. I went riding about a month ago when i was about 6-7 months pregnant but it was a slow trail ride. We didnt do any running or anything like that. I think its fine to ride when your pregnant as long as you are careful.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• thanks you guys!! I just had to ask =) my mom rode every day and showed in both western and english at the pinto world cup (and won!) when she was 9months preg!!

soo i had to ask- I havent seen many posts about horses and to see if there was anyone out there...

I havent been riding that much do to a past injury that has prevented me but
    i do plan on getting back into the swing of things!
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 9:56 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I dont own horses. But my mother does and she did ride while pregnant. I can tell you that she had many miscarriages and only able to carry two pregnancies to term. Basically myself and my brother were practically born on a horse. lol.

The Mc may or may not have been related to riding. I really cannot tell you for certain. What I can say is that it was the 70's and she was very much a hippy woman. lol. That includes all the partying and drugs she could get her hands on.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:39 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i rode up intill i went into labor... wheni couldnt fit into a western saddle comforably and i couldnt get my big but up in a english saddle i then rode bare back ... i even competed in barrle racing i dodnt go fast but i still did it. my friend jumped her horse while she was preggo and rode a really fiesty one for barrle racing.the day i went into labor i did chores first cleaned stalls went to work for a half a day then i went to the hospitable after my boss sent me home.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 2:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2009