Insurance?

I get offered insurance through work, I am part time so I pay $270 a month just for me. Family coverage is close to $700. My husband is not offered insurance through work. We need insurance for him and our future family. Anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Oh my, that seems expensive for just you. I had some on me through unicare and it was $129.00 / month, with a $3500.00 deductible. Now they have gone up some i am sure, but it is worth checking them and other carriers out like blue cross and humana and any others that you know of. Go and get free quotes on there websites. See what they are for just you, then your family. Maybe it will beat it. Just make sure it is the coverage you want. Some companies limit office visits.Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, don't do it!

www.LowCostBenefitsPlans.com

I will never again have insurance! I see no reason to waist my money...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:40 PM on May. 28, 2009

• $700 a month for family coverage may be a good deal, depending on copays, maximum out of pocket, prescrition plan, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Shop around at blue cross blue shield. Do not go with a rip off discount plan like poster #1. What a disaster waiting to happen...
    Anonymous

• Take a look at my site. www.SanteeHealthPlus.com. It is not insurance but a HealthDiscountPlan, which is a Consumer Driven Health Care Plan. It is very afforadable and covers everybody in your household. Feel free to call or text me if you have any questions.
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 11:11 AM on May. 29, 2009