How can you tell when your pet is pregnant?

We resuced a golden retriever from the side of the road. We are currently looking for the owners, but no luck yet. We are wondering if she might be pregnant. She has some sagging down there and big nipples. Has she already have them, or might she be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pets

• You could probably see some movement. I know when my cat was pregnant i had a field day watching her belly rollin around LOL her nipples were dark pink.

And I'd just ignore the spayed comment, she clearly didn't come to this question to actually try and HELP now did she? LOL

Here's a link hopefully this will help you out:
    http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Signs_Of_Dog_Pregnancy

Hope you can find the owners, if not hope your ready to be a "grama' if she is prego LOLLLL good luck!
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 5:06 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Get her spayed-you'll find out.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 4:35 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Well I'm not gonna pay to take her to the vet yet until we figure out if she has owners or not. And if you got her spayed wouldn't the babies die? Sorry I'm not that kind of person!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 4:36 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If you think she might have puppies already you might consider taking her back to where you found her and seeing if she leads you to them. I would take her to a vet for a basic exam and see what they say. She may be pregnant. The vet can also scan her for a microchip.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:07 PM on May. 28, 2009

• when my dog had puppies in january her boobs stayed saggy forever so id feel for a hardness on her belly and/or puppy movement.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 6:57 PM on May. 28, 2009

• you can take the dog to pound to see if mirco chipped and they won't charge anything. with a vet they might ask for the examination which can cost like $65 bucks. also not all chip companys will work with your vet. the dog pound has a universal one that detects and companys brand and chip info. well at least they do here in az. good luck. also i think if she has sagging titts and no movement in her belly most likely she did have the puppies already.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:57 AM on May. 29, 2009