Any BFing moms ever find a lump in their armpit?

I'm not sure if these are related, I've been breastfeeding for 6wks and the lump is hard and painless..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had that exact description. I thought I was alone. hahaha

I had excess breast tissue that turned into lumps whenever I became engorged and stayed for a few weeks. It then turned into a painful clogged milk duct so I just kept massaging it until it went away.

I wish you luck!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:37 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i dont know about a lump but a hard spot every so often (when i'm full)
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 4:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I had lots of them when I was breastfeeding, some were painful, some were not.....like the above post said...mine were usually there when I was very full
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:11 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Yes. I have extra breast tissue near my armpit on one side and I got some lumps there. We have milk ducts in our armpits, so that's what it is. I was told to ice them twice a day for a few mins. They went away and I'm still breastfeeding.
    Anonymous