I have a dilemma

This morning, I recieved a phone call for an interview for a job I applied for months ago. The thing is, I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am not sure if I should tell them at the interview or wait for the second trimester to start as I would if I already had the job. Help please????

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 4:16 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would keep my mouth shut legaly they cannot ask you about your pregancy.................i would wait till the second trimester to tell them or when you start to show so they dont not hire you because that your expecting
    emilysmama05

Answer by emilysmama05 at 4:20 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would wait and tell them after you get the job, you dont have to wait til the second trimester but i would wait and tell them after u get the job and just act like u just found out
    Anonymous

• Tell them after your probation period. I wouldnt' ask and you're not showing so good
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon, they WONT hire you if they know you're pregnant and you absolutely do NOT have to tell them that and even if they ask just say no like u dont know. And they cannot fire you after you start showing because thats discrimination. So as soon as u get the job tell them all u want but keep it under wraps till then.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 4:23 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I went through the same thing. I lost my job in september of last year and found out I was preggo in November..I got called for an interview for a 12 week assignment..in this case I wasn't expecting anything to come about the position since it was temp so I was hones with them about my pregnancy. However in your case, you are not obligated legally to tell them in any way that you are expecting, so I wouldn't tell them. I would even wait until you were starting to show, give yourself time to prove your skills to them to show them they picked the right person and you're worth waiting for after you have your baby. In addition, they cannot terminate you after you notify them of your pregnancy. The only thing to worry about is being put back on the same position after baby comes. congrats!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:23 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Don't tell them anything. It's none of their business and NOT work related. The only thing it will affect is your insurance and by that time you will already be hired and they can't fire you over being pregnant.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:50 PM on May. 28, 2009

• DON'T TELL THEM lol hardly anyone will hirer u if ur prego u don't have to tell them like the other girls said legally they can't ask u so wait till ur probation time is up and act like u just found out ur early enough i couldn't get a job i tryed everywhere but i was already showing so no luck u can see the answer in the interviewer's eyes lol sorry but uh nah i'm not hiring u then they have to worry about the liability and maternity leave or personal leave and then if u need to be on bed rest it's not worth it for employers hope this helps
    Anonymous

• well i do agree with most of the above however there is a part of the application that ask is there any thing that will prohibit you from preforming you job and pregnancy can prohibit you from preforming some jobs and some employers can fire you have lieing on your app. bu if you tell them you didnt know were pregnant when you filled out the app then you didnt lie
    Anonymous